As you might noticed Joomla! 3 was released a few months ago. Some of you seem to be impatient but eager to know what happens with Great Joomla! and our extensions.
Well, there are some changes we will apply with newest updates for Joomla! 3, namely:
- All of our extensions become commercial. There won't be any other free release in future. We can do it for free or with perfection. I prefer option two.
- Our site will change as well. No more membership plans. We're planning to come with credits (nothing complicated). You charge for your credit and you might download our extensions or get a support fully focused on your issue.
- Support forum will be disabled. We found our ticket system and contact form both useful as well.
Also because of huge incompatibility between Joomla! Bootstrap framework and the jQuery UI library we integrated through our extensions, only some extensions will be compatible with Joomla! 3
After long and tiring discussions (over the wine with my friends) I selected Semantic UI framework to be our winner for designing our extensions. Unfortunately it requires to rewrite most of our extensions which is the result of decision Joomla! team made with Bootstrap.
Still don't understand why Joomla! decided to go for it in such a conflicted way.
There goes the list of our extensions (green has been released, red won't be updated):
User Message Full Module
Slide Protection plugin
Ajax Admin Utility (AJAU) plugin
Plans Designer plugin
Pure Messenger plugin
- Scriptegrator plugin
- Web Gallery Full plugin (partially)
- Force Login plugin
- TypoCSS plugin (partially)
- Insert TypoCSS button plugin (depends on community feedback)
- "Tasty" Monials plugin
- "Tasty" Monials rotator module
- Flip Wall plugin
- Corelio plugin
- Easy Attachments plugin
- Photo Contest plugin
- Perfect Forms plugin
- Trace Shipment plugin
- Contacts plugin (depends on community feedback)
- Footnotes plugin
Login Confirmation component
Slide Protection plugin
- Login module
- Favorite Pages module
- FAQ plugin (partially; one theme)
- Lock Article plugin
- Ajax Vote plugin
- Accordion plugin (partially; one theme)
- Magic Tabs plugin (partially; one theme)
- Anonymous Links plugin
- Login As plugin (depends on community feedback)
- Petitions plugin
- Spoiler plugin
- Glossary plugin
- Supporters plugin (depends on community feedback)
- Guestbook plugin (depends on community feedback)
- Access Text plugin
So you may be curious, when all of that happen. We don't won't to let you to wait until we come with the new site so as a temporary solution all of our membership plans will be disabled (plans, not the active user accounts) and only the new one appear - "Joomla! 3". It will be valid for 1 month for $20. When we release a new website, users with active membership account will be converted to easier credit system.
We understand this seem to be a big change but it has to happens. If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask us. Thank you.